Thursday, February 24, 2011

World Day of Social Justice

February 20 was World Day of Social Justice. Since social justice is essential to our goal to improve health in impoverished areas, GlobeMed honored this day. As a campaign to raise awareness, our chapter took pictures of people in our community, asking each person to complete this sentence: Everyone deserves _____.
Here is the video that Josef Ntim put together from these pictures:

I hope that you find this video as inspirational as I do. I think it speaks to the simplicities of life that I take for granted.
This video also helps me keep perspective on my role in the quest for social justice. Sometimes this goal seems daunting and idealized. However, it is important to remember that every small step is significant – I can contribute to the larger movement by making just one person smile. As a chapter, we hope to do more than that, but this video will help us to remember that even simple changes are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment